Owen Sound Appointments
As of January 1, 2023, Brightshores has eliminated outpatient lab services only at the Owen Sound Hospital with the exception of Brightshores Oncology patients.
Owen Sound Oncology patients being cared for by Dr. Aboo and Dr. Sandhu are permitted to book online lab appointments. Patients that book an appointment outside this patient population will not be honored.
If you are not an Oncology patient and require lab work please book an appointment at one of our area sites or with Lifelabs in Owen Sound.
Markdale, Meaford, Southampton and Wiarton laboratories will continue to accept appointments for all outpatients
Pre-booked appointments are required, walk-ins will not be accepted.
Prior to booking an appointment at one of our area sites, please note the following:
- If you are booking an appointment for a child or an individual with special needs please book two appointments back-to-back
- When booking your appointment on the website please ensure you use your full name as printed on your health card
- Urgent requests for blood work must be made by a Healthcare Practitioner
- Please bring your laboratory requisition and health card with you to your appointment
Markdale, Meaford, Southampton and Wiarton Test information:
Special tests that can only be booked by phone:
- Pediatric patients (6 years of age or younger), and patients with special needs
- Semen analysis testing
Tests with Special Appointment Times Required
- AM Cortisol – Book appointment time in AM
- PM Cortisol – Book appointment time towards end of day
- Glucose Tolerance Test – book appointment time in AM
Do not eat or drink (except water) for 8-12 hours before the following tests:
- GLUCOSE – fasting
- GTT – gestational diabetes confirmation
- GTT – non pregnant
- Homocystine (preferred)
Testing only completed Monday – Thursday (NO Friday Appointments or Prior to a STAT Holiday)
- Molecular Genetics
- DNA Testing
- Chromosome MicroArray
- Fragile X
- Flow Cytometry
- HLA B27
Booking Lab Appointments
Patients who qualify for Lab services at Brightshores have two options to book an appointment, online or via phone. Please use the appropriate link or phone number provided below.
Owen Sound –Only for Oncology Patients cared by Dr. Aboo and Dr. Sandhu
*Owen Sound Lab does not perform community OHIP work
*Please Note: All community laboratory testing performed at the Southampton Hospital is processed by Dynacare. Your test results are available through your physician’s office or through Dynacare’s online portal e-Results. Test results are also available through MyChart.
Booking staff will do their best to coordinate Lab appointments with other scheduled appointments, including Oncology appointments, to reduce multiple hospital visits for patients.
Lab Tests – Some Fees May Apply
Please note that patients will be billed for all lab tests not covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). While OHIP covers the cost of most laboratory tests, there are some specialized, non-routine tests that are uninsured. Patients will be billed at the time of service.
A list of uninsured lab tests and their costs is below:
- Fees for Lab Tests Not Covered by OHIP
- is also available
Meaford: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Markdale: Monday to Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Wiarton: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Southampton: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Lions Head: Thursdays 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
*All laboratories are closed on Statutory Holidays*
Lab Licenses & Accreditation
- Lab License – Markdale
- Lab License – Meaford
- Lab-License – Owen Sound
- Lab License – Southampton
- Lab License – Wiarton
- Lab License – Lion’s Head
- Pathogen and Toxin License – Owen-Sound
Accredited facilities recognized by IQMH: https://iqmh.org/Services/Centre-For-Accreditation/Accredited-Facilities